Spiti Valley Life Experience – 7N / 8D
A spellbinding tour to Spiti Valley, located in Himachal Pradesh in India, often proclaimed by those who see it as a different world in itself. With homestay at Lhalung and Camping at Chandertal – Experience Spiti Valley to the full. A world 14000 ft above sea level – a world less traveled – Experience a destination so unique, with scattered villages and vast landscapes you will wish the tour never ends.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Snow & Ice
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
A comfortable and curated eight-day Spiti Valley tour, designed for travelers looking for the authentic Spiti Valley experience. Shared by a small group of travelers, this Spiti Valley Tour includes travelling in a comfortable SUV to some of the most popular villages of Spiti Valley including Asia’s highest villages – Komik and Kibber, marvel at the wondrous structure of the Ki Monastery and get ready to be amazed by the Tabo Monastery – a 1000 year old UNESCO World Heritage Site. End this tour on a high (literally) as you spend a night, gazing at the Milky Way and the millions of stars as you can camp near the stunningly beautiful Chandratal Lake.
Amongst the few unexplored areas, the world over there isn’t one as enchanting and inspiring as Spiti. This land often known as Little Tibet, was historically a part of the kingdom of Nariss Korssum (Western Tibet) and is home to few of the oldest Buddhist monasteries and temples in the world. Tucked away in the interiors of the Trans-Himalayan belt of Himachal Pradesh, this high altitude cold desert region has only recently been opened to the outside world.
Key Highlights Of The Tour
- Travel by a comfortable SUV
- Drive through the Hindustan-Tibet Highway – Known as one of the world’s most treacherous road.
- Camping at Chandratal Lake. Camping includes state of the art sleeping bags, tents, and camping mattress.
- Visit Asia’s Highest Himalayan Villages – Komik and Kibber
- Enjoy Spitian Hospitality with Homestay in Lhalung
- Delhi-Manali Transfer By Volvo bus
- Meals- Breakfast & dinner at all Hotels and Camping sites.
- Non A/c Vehicle for all transfer & Sightseeing.
- Permissions, Entry fees, Inner line permit, wild life charges etc
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis
- Food during Train/Volvo journey
- Entrance fees/personal expenses/Tips/Mineral water etc-In case of part replacement or any repair of the vehicle, the cost to be borne by Participants
- Airfare/Train fare
- Journey to Delhi and return
- Local transfers in Delhi.
- Any portage at airports and hotels, tips, insurance, wine, mineral water, telephone charges, and all items of personal nature.
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle malfunctions,political disturbances etc.
- Any services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
- Day1 Arrival at Location
Drive from Delhi to Manali. Reach Manali by late evening. Overnight rest and acclimatize at Manali Hotel.
- Day2 The Drive Starts
Drive from Manali – Rohtang Pass – Kunzum La – Losar – Kaza. Overnight in a Kaza Hotel. (11,980 feet / 9 – 10 hours)
- Day3 Kaza - Khibber- Ki Monastry
Drive from Kaza – Langza – Hikkim – Komik – Ki Monastery – Kibber – Gette – Kaza. Overnight in a Kaza Hotel. (14,806 feet feet / 6 – 7 hours)
- Day4 Kaza - Pin Valley - Kungri - mudh
Drive from Kaza to Pin Valley – Kungri – Mudh – Kaza. Overnight in a Kaza Hotel. (12,450 feet / 4 – 5 hours)
- Day5 Kaza - Tabo - Dhankar Lake - Lhalung [Homestay]
Drive from Kaza to Tabo – Dhankar – Dhankar Lake Trek – Lhalung. Overnight in a Lhalung Homestay. (12,774 feet / 4 – 5 hours)
- Day6 Lhalung - Kunzum La - Chandratal [Camping]
Drive from Lhalung to Losar – Kunzum La – Chandratal Lake. Overnight in Camps near Chandratal Lake. (14,000 feet / 6 – 7 hours)
- Day7 Chandratal - Rohtang - Manali
Drive from Chandratal Lake to Rohtang Pass – Manali. Overnight in a Manali hotel (6,726 feet / 6 – 7 hours)
- Day8 Manali - Delhi
Check out from Manali at 12 noon / Take an overnight bus to New Delhi.
Spiti Valley is located in the remote part of the Himalayas and has limited accommodation options when compared to hotels in the lower Himalayas. At Manali and Kaza / Rangrik, you will be staying at a comfortable hotel equipped with spacious rooms, western toilets, hot showers and a multi-cuisine restaurant.
At Kibber Village, you will be staying in the home of a local family that will open up their doors, hearts and life to you. Experience a unique insight into the lives of these hardworking people and the intimate relationship they share with their land. Every Spiti Homestay on any Spiti Valley tour offers you a clean room with hygienic bed sheets and pillow covers, boiled drinking water, delicious and freshly cooked local cuisines, traditional Spitian dry eco toilet, candles and lamps. All this, and the famous warm Spitian hospitality.
At Chandratal Lake, you will be staying in a fixed campsite which includes Swiss Tents, high altitude sleeping bags and a comfortable camping mattress. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be prepared and served fresh at the campsite.
On this Spiti Valley Tour, breakfast and dinner are included on all days as specified in the Whats Included section. The menu for Breakfast and Dinner is regular Indian Cuisine in veg and addition of a local specialty on select days. We also add a Non-veg Dish to the menu on one of the days depending on availability.
Though not prohibited, we would advise NO. In these expeditions, we are going to pass through, visit and stay at some of the Highest Altitude Places in the world. At high Altitudes the Oxygen in the atmosphere is low and this causes AMS [Acute Mountain Sickness]. Drinking Alcohol at such places can make things worse as Alcohol lowers the oxygen absorption capacity of your Blood. So please Don’t.
Once registered we will send you a detailed list of Things to Carry which includes minute details from Toiletries to essential Medicines.