Mesmerising Spiti Valley 8N/9D
A spellbinding tour to Spiti Valley, located in Himachal Pradesh in India, often proclaimed by those who see it to be a world in itself. A world 14000 ft above sea level – a world less traveled – Experience a destination so unique, with scattered villages and vast landscapes you will wish the tour never ends.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Snow & Ice
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
A comfortable and curated nine-day Spiti Valley tour, designed for travelers looking for the authentic Spiti Valley experience. Shared by a small group of travelers, this Spiti Valley Tour includes travelling in a comfortable SUV to some of the most popular villages of Spiti Valley including Asia’s highest villages – Komik and Kibber, marvel at the wondrous structure of the Ki Monastery and get ready to be amazed by the Tabo Monastery – a 1000 year old UNESCO World Heritage Site. End this tour on a high (literally) as you spend a night, gazing at the Milky Way and the millions of stars as you can camp near the stunningly beautiful Chandratal Lake.
Amongst the few unexplored areas, the world over there isn’t one as enchanting and inspiring as Spiti. This land often known as Little Tibet, was historically a part of the kingdom of Nariss Korssum (Western Tibet) and is home to few of the oldest Buddhist monasteries and temples in the world. Tucked away in the interiors of the Trans-Himalayan belt of Himachal Pradesh, this high altitude cold desert region has only recently been opened to the outside world.
Key Highlights Of The Tour
- Travel by a comfortable SUV
- Drive through the Hindustan-Tibet Highway – Known as one of the world’s most treacherous road.
- Camping at Chandratal Lake. Camping includes state of the art sleeping bags, tents, and camping mattress.
- Visit Asia’s Highest Himalayan Villages – Komik and Kibber
- Enjoy Spitian Hospitality with Homestay in Khibber
- Delhi-Manali Transfer By Volvo bus
- Meals- Breakfast & dinner at all Hotels and Camping sites.
- Non A/c Vehicle for all transfer & Sightseeing.
- Permissions, Entry fees, Inner line permit, wild life charges etc
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis
- Food during Train/Volvo journey
- Entrance fees/personal expenses/Tips/Mineral water etc-In case of part replacement or any repair of the vehicle, the cost to be borne by Participants
- Airfare/Train fare
- Journey to Delhi and return
- Local transfers in Delhi.
- Any portage at airports and hotels, tips, insurance, wine, mineral water, telephone charges, and all items of personal nature.
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle malfunctions,political disturbances etc.
- Any services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
Arrival at Location
Overnight Drive from Delhi to Manali
Time to Relax – Manali Local Sightseeing
The Drive Starts
Drive from Manali – Rohtang Pass – Kunzum La – Losar – Kaza. Overnight in a Kaza Hotel. (11,980 feet / 8-10 hours)
Kaza - Tabo - Dhankar
Drive from Kaza to Tabo to Dhankar. Trek to Dhankar Lake. Drive to Kaza. Overnight in a Kaza Hotel.(12,800 feet / 4-6 hours)
Kaza - Koumik- Langza
Drive from Kaza to Koumik to Hikkim to Langza to Kaza. Overnight in a Kaza hotel. (14,806 feet / 3-4 hours)
Kaza - Khibber
Drive from Kaza to Ki Monastery to Khibber. Overnight in a Khibber Homestay. (13,779 feet / 3-4 hours)
Khibber - Chandratal
Drive from Kibber to Chandratal Lake. Overnight in Camps. (14,000 feet / 5-6 hours)
Chandratal - Manali
Drive from Chandratal Lake to Manali. Overnight in a Manali hotel (6,726 feet / 5-7 hours)
Manali - Delhi
Depart from Manali / Take an overnight bus to New Delhi.
Spiti Valley is located in the remote part of the Himalayas and has limited accommodation options when compared to hotels in the lower Himalayas. At Manali and Kaza / Rangrik, you will be staying at a comfortable hotel equipped with spacious rooms, western toilets, hot showers and a multi-cuisine restaurant.
At Kibber Village, you will be staying in the home of a local family that will open up their doors, hearts and life to you. Experience a unique insight into the lives of these hardworking people and the intimate relationship they share with their land. Every Spiti Homestay on any Spiti Valley tour offers you a clean room with hygienic bed sheets and pillow covers, boiled drinking water, delicious and freshly cooked local cuisines, traditional Spitian dry eco toilet, candles and lamps. All this, and the famous warm Spitian hospitality.
At Chandratal Lake, you will be staying in a fixed campsite which includes Swiss Tents, high altitude sleeping bags and a comfortable camping mattress. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be prepared and served fresh at the campsite.
On this Spiti Valley Tour breakfast and dinner is included on all days as specified in the Whats Included section. The menu for Breakfast and Dinner is regular Indian Cuisine in veg and addition of a local speciality on select days. We also add a Nonveg Dish to the menu on one of the days depending upon availiblity.
Though not prohibited, we would advise NO. In this expeditions we are going to pass through some of the Highest Mountain Passes in the world and with height there will be very low oxygen in the Air. Alcohol makes it worst by lowering the oxygen carrying capacity of your Blood. So please don’t.
Once registered we will send you a detailed list of Things to Carry which includes minute details from Toiletries to essential Medicines.